Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just Had To Post........

I don't know, I just needed to post tonight. I know it's been a long time, but i wanted to post a note about the joy of knowing Christ, just in the everyday ins & outs of living. He once said that we should come to Him & He would give us rest! I wonder if you've done that? I did that for the first time about 32 years ago this very week, & my life has not been the same since. Oh, it surely has not been a parade or Sunday School picnic! But it has been a joy! Joy as we know doesn't mean all happiness & giddiness all the time. But it does include a deep sense of His presence even in hurtful & sometimes excruciating pain, & not all of it is physical. This post may be the most convoluted mess you've ever seen! If so, I apologize, but the joy of knowing Christ just bubbled over tonight & I wanted to share it with my friends! His joy is not a feeling only, but that is included. I'll end with this word from the Word! One of my favorite texts! The psalmist Asaph has just come through one of the most horrendous spiritual battles of his life, & God brought him through it. Hey, Asaph, been there, done that, will probably do it again. God will be there then too. Here is our buddy Asaph's words, & God Bless!

"Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Ps.73:23-26)

7 comments:

ExPreacherMan said...

Bro. David,

Great post.. and every believer in Jesus Christ has had an Asaph moment. We just need to snap out of it, thank the Lord for His Grace and get about telling lost souls about our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Congratulations on the anniversary of your Second Birthday.. See you in Heaven some day.

In Jesus Christ eternally, Jack

David Wyatt said...

Thanks bro. Jack! You are right, thankfully through His grace we can do all things in Christ! God Bless you bro. Looking forward to meeting you here, There or in the air.

Bhedr said...

Your posts are always a tremendous encouragement and benefit to me and this one is no exception.

David Wyatt said...

Bro. Brian,

You are so kind! I appreciate you & your friendship in Christ. Merry CHRISTmas bro!

Bhedr said...

Merry Christmas brother!!

David Wyatt said...

Thank you bro. Brian! It's my spiritual birthday too!

Bhedr said...

Praise God!